The MFT1700 series is a range of 3 instruments for testing low voltage electrical installations to BS7671. They provide all the tests required to complete the necessary electrical certification for industrial, commercial and domestic fixed wiring installations.
- System voltage and frequency measurement TRMS
- Insulation test at 100 V*, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V
- Including input protection against live circuits up to 600 V even when insulation test is locked-on
- Continuity resistance at 200 mA or 15 mA
- Automatic start - no need to press TEST so leaving both hands free to hold probes
- Resistance range up to 100 kΩ with fast continuity buzzer at selectable thresholds
- Earth loop test
- 2 and 3 wire non-trip range
- 2 wire Hi current including phase to phase
- Prospective fault current measurement up to 20 kA
- RCD testing including:
- Type AC, A, S, B* and programmable RCDs
- 3-phase RCDs*
- Auto-test routine
- Fault (Touch) voltage display
- Earth spike testing
- Stakeless techniques
All instruments are IEC 61010 CAT IV 300 V rated for connection to low voltage systems with no protective device, so safe for connection anywhere on the system right up to the source transformer without risk of damage from large transient spikes.
The unique modern styling allows it to be operated while stood on the floor, a ladder-shelf or platform, hung around the neck or handheld. Dual TEST and LOCK buttons - one pair at each end - makes the testers easy to operate left or right handed.
Quick to pick up and use, the controls are colour coded to make range selection easy and fast. They also reduce the chance of using the wrong function or range. The large crystal clear backlit display uses the patented Megger digital/analogue arc, providing indication of fluctuating readings while the dual digital readout shows precise values of key measurements simultaneously with the test parameters, such as the output voltage on insulation testing as well as the resistance value in MΩ.
Visible and audible safety warnings are paramount when testing high-energy systems and the MFT1700 series includes full input protection and safety warnings when a hazardous voltage is present. If live voltages exist on a circuit during insulation or continuity testing, the voltage is displayed on the screen.
If this voltage exceeds a safe level, further testing is inhibited and a warning beep sounds. The MFT1731 features internally rechargeable batteries and charger with a charge time of less than 4 hrs, so reducing the cost of ownership.